Dog Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So next month on the 20th we are heading to New Mexico to pick up another Borzoi puppy.

I'm so excited! this puppy comes from phenomenal parentage. I love the entire litter! which is excellent because I have no idea which one of them will be mine. The breeder will not start assigning people their puppies until after eye checks on the 9th.

Waiting to find out which little whirlwind will be ours is hard! then waiting for another couple weeks after that to pick him or her up - even harder!

We do know that he or she (probably she) will be named Tallahassee and that she should take to lure coursing like a duck to water!

Will be taking Cora and Basil with us when we pick the puppy up. Two days surrounded by Borzoi? What could be better!

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
Omg they're so cute. You sure are going to have a house full lol

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I know! there is going to be a lot of hair pulling. This is the only time that the mom of this litter will be bred to the dad though (since the dad sadly passed away) so it was kind of a now or never situation!

Reactions: KayWilson

·
Registered
2,643 Posts
how cute!
congrats to the new family member! OüO
babies are always trouble, but that's why they're so cute.

·
Premium Member
9,197 Posts
Oh how cute! You are going to have a crazy household!

·
Premium Member
4,599 Posts
Ahhhhhhh they are SO cute. I'm jealous, I want another puppy already. ;) I can't wait to see which one is yours!

Reactions: cos

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
@cos you are going to get so over loaded with pictures on facebook! I apologise in advance.

Reactions: cos

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Puppies have been assigned! So thankful to actually know which of the little buggers will be coming home with me. We will be picking her up next Sunday. Welcome Tallahassee!

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
@animalCracker hopefully both! her mother has about a bazillion titles and her father was heading in that direction before his untimely demise. Her father is a Russian import - his siblings across the water are all doing great things!

Basil has started coming along nicely at a few small local shows. We will also be attending a coursing event in NM when we pick up Talla.

Also planning on atttending the Borzoi Nationals this year! should be tons of fun.

What I'd really like to do is go out after some actual hare but it is hard to find the opportunity to do so!

Reactions: Sha

·
Registered
495 Posts
She's gorgeous! Congrats! :D

·
Premium Member
4,599 Posts
AHHHHHH! She's stunning, I'm so jealous. Also, what a great name!

·
Premium Member
9,197 Posts
Oh she's beautiful! Congrats! It's a pretty female dominated house you have! I don't know if that is poor Basil or lucky Basil! Lol. Can't wait to see more pictures of this little girl growing up! Only 5 more days!

Reactions: Shandula

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
@jclark343 I think Basil is resigned to his lot in life! I tend to get along better with female dogs than I do males. Sure it means I get a fair amount of the girls snarking at each other but we do not have any serious fights. Basil also won't let them boss him around too much. It still startles me sometimes to see such a placid boy go all bitey face when the girls have pushed him too far!

Reactions: jclark343
1 - 20 of 31 Posts