Dog Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Good Day, I don't know if there are posts about dog motion sickness, but I am new to Dog world. We went to the vet, for his vaccine, we don't have a car, we use taxi/cab, returning home, before I even open the cab's door, he suddenly vomited. I don't know if its the motion sickness or its because of the vaccine + deworming. All the food he had eaten that morning were all over my shorts. Because I love the dog so much I even clean the cab. I really don't know what to do. The vet just said to observe the dog if he continues to vomit. This is his third ride though, before he did not vomit. Before it was even quite long a ride compared to the vet. Lord Elrond is a 2 Months old Golden Retriever x Japanese Spitz.

·
Registered
745 Posts
wow lord is hella cute! I would think if he didnt puke the other times then its likely the combo of vaccines & travel. It also might be anxiety from being jabbed with needles & then travel. Taxi cab drivers can vary too, did this one drive faster than the others? Try dry food for a day or two it often helps.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It was a slow ride due to heavy traffic. I hope he is just doing okay. He is eating dry food BTW.

Thanks Lord is really a cute name, Huge fan of Lord of the Rings.

·
Registered
745 Posts
? mmm well maybe it was being in the car much longer too, I know my dog gets stressed in rush hour traffic even more than usual. She's never puked in the car but she shakes & hyperventilates. Am in the process of trying some new things to try to help her.

·
Registered
2,382 Posts
If he is eating and drinking and eliminating ok, probably nothing serious. Could be stress from his Vet visit, could be car sickness, or it could just be a one time event. Just watch him and be sure he is behaving normally.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts