Dog Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all!

Our mixed breed rescue dog, Cora (we think she may be a Carolina Dog or at least part) was treated for a stomach ulcer over the past 10 days or so. We had taken her to the emergency clinic after returning home from vacation and she had black stool after we picked her up from the kennel. She responded well to carafate and antibiotics, gained her weight back, energy and appetite came back, and blood work levels went back to normal. She is finished with her meds and still acting like her normal self but this morning she vomited up her breakfast a few hours after eating it. No blood in the vomit. Maybe her stomach is still a little sensitive? She's eaten after that and no more vomiting yet (fingers crossed) Does anyone have experience with dog ulcers and have thoughts about this? Maybe she is going to have a sensitive stomach from here on out....?

·
Registered
455 Posts
It's entirely possible she will have a sensitive stomach for the rest of her life. Ulcers (I think from eating Beneful) killed my first dog, but the vet said if he survived he would need to be on medication and eat special food for the rest of his life. Is your dog on any acid reducing medications? Might be something to ask your vet about. I would feed her a bland diet for the next day or two at least and see how she does, and look into foods for dogs w sensitive stomachs. Best of luck.
Posted via Mobile Device

1 - 2 of 2 Posts