Dog Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have two, eight week old queensland heeler puppies. They have been diagnosed with distemper and my vet has told me to provide supportive care and that there is nothing else I can do. I have been doing some research that suggests vitamins A, C, E will help with the distemper. One pup is completely healthy looking, she just has a muscle twitch in her left front leg, and the other pup is in the "Mucous" phase of the virus. My vet is currently out of the office, and I need to know how much of each vitamin I can give without them becoming toxic.
Below is a list of the vitamins I purchased and their amount per pill.

Vitamin A: 10,000 IU

Vitamin E: 400 IU

Vitamin C: 500 mg

If you could tell me how much of each to give that would be great! Perferably in units of ml as the pills are softgels and I will be using a needle to withdraw the correct mg from each pill and then removing the needle tip and using it as a syringe to give orally, unless someone can help me with a better way to measure the correct dosage.

·
Banned
5,528 Posts
You should contact another vet to give you the dosages of these IMO. I don't feel this is info for people on a forum to be giving.
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
12,135 Posts
Were these puppies from a breeder? If so please inform the breeder of this....

I ditto the asking a vet about the vitamins. Goodluck, hope they pull through

1 - 3 of 3 Posts