Dog Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Video of our foster Lab. He was a 2-year-old owner surrender. Really cool dog, stable, food-driven, and confident. Here is a video of him, day 7 of clicker training. He was learning his sit, down, leave it, and place. We only had him for 3 weeks, one of the shortest fosters we've had.

Here is video of our 2.5-year old Mal, learning her send out, change of positions, whistle recall, down-in-motion, and attention heeling.

We are training our resident Mal in Mondioring. Here is her very first out-and-guard on a decoy. She did really well, very proud of our little girl :D

@Artdog

·
Registered
880 Posts
Thanks so much. Your mal-pure dog joy, love watching her run. You should be proud.
& for fostering--lovely to see the lab looking all ready for a forever home.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks so much. Your mal-pure dog joy, love watching her run. You should be proud.
& for fostering--lovely to see the lab looking all ready for a forever home.
Thank you! She is making progress, her toy drive has gotten a lot better over the last few months. It's weird how she didn't like toys as a puppy and that just changed once she turned 1.5 years old. Now that the weather is cooler, we are able to spend more time outdoors training :D

We really liked the lab, he was such a good dog, couldn't understand how his previous family could abandon him :confused: Oh well, just glad that he found his forever home so quickly!

·
Registered
880 Posts
Thank you! She is making progress, her toy drive has gotten a lot better over the last few months. It's weird how she didn't like toys as a puppy and that just changed once she turned 1.5 years old. Now that the weather is cooler, we are able to spend more time outdoors training :D

We really liked the lab, he was such a good dog, couldn't understand how his previous family could abandon him :confused: Oh well, just glad that he found his forever home so quickly!
Re: Moogan. I was wondering that myself. I didn't want to say that, because it would take credit away from you doing awesome things for the dogs, in general. But he did look like a nice pet type of a dog. Just be glad he's with better people now.

Re: your Mal, she looks like she likes that frisbee now. I'm still working at replacing that tug-n-treat with a real frisbee. Your mal gives me hope.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re: Moogan. I was wondering that myself. I didn't want to say that, because it would take credit away from you doing awesome things for the dogs, in general. But he did look like a nice pet type of a dog. Just be glad he's with better people now.

Re: your Mal, she looks like she likes that frisbee now. I'm still working at replacing that tug-n-treat with a real frisbee. Your mal gives me hope.
Moogan....he had a lot of great qualities. With new fosters, we normally do a 1-2 week shut-down, just for them to get situated. But he was confident enough that we were able to start training him the very next day. We were his second foster home, first foster home said he was too rambunctious and out-of-control (had him for a week) so we ended up taking him. The rescue was worried that he might have a lot of behavior problems (assessment from first foster home). Main reason why we wanted to get a video out quickly, just to show that he was trainable and adoptable. He didn't know any commands other than a short "sit" but he was food-driven and learned very quickly. He was overall a very easy foster :)

Fay Fay (Mal).....I started playing frisbee with her around Oct 2015, I spent 4-5 months on building her desire to play frisbee with me, before I was able to use it as an obedience reward. I never taught her to bring the frisbee back. I felt that would put too much impulse-control on the game, and I wanted her drive for frisbee to be as high as possible. That's why I always have multiple frisbees :p

1 - 7 of 7 Posts