Dog Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did take my 13 year old mix to the vet and was confirmed he has vestibular dog disease. He is on antibiotics for inner Ear infection and other meds as prescribed. I hope there are recommendations on anything else I can do for him while he recovers. I bought him some new cozy blankets and keep his area clean, warm, and soothing. He hasn’t walked in 4 days due to dizziness and falling down, he urinates once a day now. I’m researching to buy a vest/harness. I got him a sling to help him urinate since he can hardly stand let alone lift his leg. He doesn’t eat much. I have been cooking chicken and rice, I’ll switch proteins with eggs or salmon and hand feeding. It hurts to see him like this and I’m not sure there’s much more I can do to help him. The doctor didn’t really give us any information about the recovery process or what to expect after. My fiancé and I have been trying to research from other pet owners experiences.

·
Super Moderator
4,157 Posts
I have no experience but I do believe it can make them feel nauseous so that could be why he isn't keen to eat. Your vet might prescribe anti nausea meds.

Some dogs recover very well.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts