Dog Forum banner

Very unsure about spay incision

2K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  agility collie mom 
#1 ·
Hello everyone, I'm very new to this and I'm looking for some oppinions to see if perhaps I am just overreacting or if this is serious. So 3 days ago I had my 6 month old husky spayed, when I picked her up from the vet she was very inebriated and I had to pick her up to put her in the car, I also had to carry her inside. Maybe an hour in to being home she vomited, 3 hours or so in I took her out of the kennel to see if she needed to pitty, unfortunately she didn't potty but instead vomited a couple more times, brought her back inside and let her get on the bed (my mattress is currently on the floor since my bed frame broke, so it wasn't but about 10in off the ground) within about 30 mins she urinated on herself while still laying down.

The next day it was like she returned to normal, I had to go to the vet to get her pain meds so I left her in the kennel and was gone for about and hour, when o returned she managed to squeeze the e-collar off. I gave her the pain pill and returned the e-collar back to her head.

Two days after spay I noticed her insicion leaking, like a reddish orange almost clear type of liquid. So with that liquid leaking o just get a warm wash cloth and gently dab away the cursties and liquid. The next day I've noticed a know to the left of her insicion and she is still leaking this fluid.

I've followed all instructions except for keeping her quiet and the running and jumping. I mean let's face it, it's hard to keep a dog from crying when being locked in a kennel (at least mine anyway since she isn't used to being confined) and also it was hard to keep her from running and jumping because she is such a hyper pup and gets excited very easily.

Basically I am very worried and I'm trying to see if this has happened to anyone else.

Thankyou all in advance!

See less See more
#2 ·
If you did't keep her from jumping and running, it's possibly that stitches ripped through her flesh and that's why there si a leak. I've never had it happen, but if I did, I really would want my vet to check her over to make sure that there is no infection or that she doesn't need restitching.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.