Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys!

I finally joined the dog community. I was searching for an already trained dog but decided I wanted a puppy so that I can raise him from the very beginning. I've only had him a little over 2 weeks, and he is now 3 months (since Monday). I named him Roscoe and he is half Siberian husky & half American Pitbull Terrier.

This couple decided to put him on Craigslist and proved that they were not capable of giving him a good life. So I drove 7.5 hours to him and when I picked him up he was sad, had low-energy, a lot of dandruff, his hair was dull, rough, and dirty...

When I asked his original owners what food he was eating, they said could not remember. About two days later the girlfriend finally responded to my text messages and gave me the name of the food they were feeding him. The food was called "Retriever with protein plus," I looked up the reviews and it rated only 1 star..GARBAGE! It's no wonder he had no energy and had all of these health issues. These original owners obviously did not care about him and even charged me $100 for him despite him not having any shots or deworming. They didn't even give me a small bag of dog food for the ride, collar/leash..nothing!

So I put Roscoe on a strict 4 meal per day diet and fed him Wellness Trufood for Puppies. Bathed/groomed him, took him to the Vet and got him his first set of shots, gave him his flea & heart worm tablets. I saw such a difference in him just within the first week of having him! All he needed was some good ol' TLC..

After he has all of his sets of shots, I plan to keep him active: Long/beautiful hikes, dog parks/trails, lakes (there's 3 near my house), beaches, puppy training/classes..already made holiday cards of us to give to our friends and family..he also has gifts under the X-mas tree from his aunties (my sisters).

Overall, there is so much more to Roscoe, he is so loving, energetic, and playful. I know there is a lot to learn, but I am being very patient and doing the best I can do be a good paw-rent to him. I even taught him sit & shake and he executes both of them really well. Roscoe is such a blessing and is my best buddy/companion. So I'll be on this website looking answers/advice/tips for my many questions as a first paw-rent.

Happy holidays everyone!

Mark & Roscoe

Attachments

·
Registered
172 Posts
He looks so much better! I love his markings and his eyes.

You've found a good site. There is great puppy care/training advice available.
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
868 Posts
What an amazing change! It always great to see what good food can do!

Welcome to dog forum and I am excited to see more puppy pictures. Those eyes are adorable!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.