Dog Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tonight I was sucked into Etsy, cooing over all the adorable dog clothes. Then I found the harnesses, too. There are some really adorable ones out there and dozens of styles. I really like the "soft" styled ones since Fred pulls some and then ends up "snorting" like a fiend for a bit. But...they secure with...velcro? Does that stay? Or am I going to end up chasing Fred down the street? (Again? ...he's mastered the art of slipping his collar if it's the tiniest bit loose and there's a fine line between too tight and too loose on him. >.< And his recall is severely lacking at this time. Double >.< !)

·
Registered
6,472 Posts
Even though Nola isn't a puller, I no longer use velco harnesses. I do have one that has velcro on the belly and chest, but also has the standard collar clip at the chest.

·
Registered
3,478 Posts
I wouldn't risk it with any dog, regardless of their pulling habits.

You never know when one day, SOMETHING is going to catch your dog's eye and they're going to act like the animals that they are and that equipment is going to fail. And you never know what might happen then.

Not worth it, IMO.

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
try TJMAXX, Marshall's, Ross, and Home Goods. I find they have very high quality dog stuff for a fraction of pet store prices. I got really nice AKC bolster beds for $12, yaky nuggets for $2, kong stuff $2...they almost always have a selction of harnesses that are nice for $7.99-$12.99 that would be plenty sturdy for Fred.

·
Registered
12,335 Posts
I have the Ezy Dog quick clip harness. I was wary of the velcro on the front chest strap, but they have a safety margin. I am still undecided on it, although, I did walk Soph in it the other night. I prolly will end up doing some review reading before continuing to use it.....
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
3,294 Posts
I say pass on velcro, especially if your dog is a puller.

I second looking at TJMaxx for Dog supplies. My sister makes fun of me because I only go there for shoes, purses and dog supplies. Cant EVER get out of there without at least $30 worst of dog stuff... But I wouldve spent $50+ on the same stuff elsewhere so... :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts