Dog Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

I am new to the forum. This past Monday I got a little Beagle puppy. I took her to the vet Tuesday and they found that she had Coccidia, roundworms and hookworms. She is taking Albon for the Coccidia and has had a dose of wormer for the worms. Since I have had her I have noticed that she seems to have to pee very often and I can take her out and we can come back in and she will do a little dime sized or smaller amount like 5 minutes after we have gone out. I did not think to mention this to the vet because it did not dawn on me that she could possible have a UTI. I called the vet's office back and needless to say they were not very helpful. I am planning to switch anyway. Her urine is mostly light yellow or even clear at times. I have seen no blood and it is has no strange odor. The only thing that makes me suspect anything is the frequency and the little bits she is doing inside. I didn't know if maybe she is just not completely emptying her bladder outside or what. This is my first puppy in 14 years. I have a 9 year old Border Collie that I adopted at 4 years old and I recently lost my 14 year old Miniature Schnauzer. There is so much I have forgotten about raising a puppy! Needless to say I am on pins and needles about everything-scared about parvo and other diseases and I have even worried that this urinary problem could be something more sinister like a congenital kidney problem. I don't think I could bear to lose another dog right now. I love her so much already! I just wanted to get some input. I do plan to take her back to the vet just in case, but I won't be able to go until Monday probably. I will take her to an emergency vet if need be, but I don't want to be overreacting. I would appreciate opinions!

·
Registered
2,306 Posts
A UTI is not really something you can diagnose at home. If you are suspicious that she may have a UTI, It will require a trip to the Vets, so he or she can test a urine sample.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts