Dog Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Joey is my 4 month old puppy, I have had him since he was 7 weeks. He pees A LOT, and not normal puppy pee. So I had a urinalysis done and it came back negative so we did an ultrasound and the doctor says he has a bladder that spasms, which is what causes him to pee so much. So he said he should grown out of it but I should give him a cranberry supplement Uromaxx and that should help. Just wondering if anyone has used this product before and if it helped? I know people mainly use it for cats so I haven’t been able to find anything online. He got his first dose lastnight and then this am. I’m also wondering how long till I might notice a difference? Thanks!

·
Registered
271 Posts
I've heard of it being used to aid in the treatment of Urinary tract health when there is the presence of/or to help prevent infection... But for a bladder that spasms alone with no infection present i don't know...

·
Registered
2,123 Posts
Same as previous comment, I know it can be useful for a UTI, and as a preventative, but for spasms, I don't know either.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks! My Vet said when he pees his bladder will constrict and so he doesn’t let out all his pee, so then after he will have the urge again which will come on suddenly which causes him to just pee whenever he is. He seems to think it will help and at his point I’m willing to try anything. Another question, is there any side effects from this supplement? I tried a search online but couldn’t find anything either way except for the human version. I’m wondering if it would be similar? Any ideas? He seems more mellow today then usual, nothin concerning but people at work noticed so made me think about it, he is still playing and acting normal just maybe a little more “lazy” at times then is normal.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Have not heard about side effects sorry...... If he is acting otherwise normal I wouldn't worry to much, however if the laziness becomes extreme or other symptoms occur definitely get him to a vet...

·
Registered
2,123 Posts
Agree, it should not cause him any harm, so should be safe to try. Be interested in knowing if it helps after you have had a chance to try it.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
He has been on it for 4 days now and I don’t want to jinx it but I’m starting to see signs it’s working. He only had 2 accidents yesterday (mostly my fault) and those were his first two accidents in a 48 hour period. It might just be a coincidence not sure but I’m going to stay hopeful that it will continue to work!

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Update: it’s been a week now on the Uromaxx and it’s amazing! It has definitely helped! He hasn’t had an accident in the house in days and when he excites pee it’s very little and now sometimes he doesn’t even do it! I highly recommend this product for anyone having urinary issues with their pets!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts