Dog Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 70 lb, 9 y/o Labradoodle throws up every time we feed her dry dog food. We switched her to canned a while back and things were fine.
A recent visit to the Vet showed she has a high PH level in her urine and he advised me to feed her half dry and half canned. After 2 days she started throwing up her food again. Is there a way to treat her PH without dry food?

·
Banned
6,350 Posts
when tested the urine it was a in house test on the strip? how high are we talking 9? theres a product called urinaid that could help esp if its cysitis otherwise could try cranberry supplement. seriously though id test for crystals esp if the sg warrants it. will look at Jessies record to see what her sg was and ph when got crystals

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
when tested the urine it was a in house test on the strip? how high are we talking 9? theres a product called urinaid that could help esp if its cysitis otherwise could try cranberry supplement. seriously though id test for crystals esp if the sg warrants it. will look at Jessies record to see what her sg was and ph when got crystals

It was tested at the vets ans I'm not sure how high it was

·
Registered
214 Posts
What about adding a bit of Apple Cider Vinegar to her wet food? It will make it a bit more acidic, and dogs tend to find it yummy.

·
Registered
368 Posts
most of the time urinary pH means nothing if there are not any associated symptoms. I would not worry about it unless it was bizarrely high (such as over 9). Most normal dog urine is 6-7.5.

·
Banned
6,350 Posts
btw tell you one thing that really helped Jessie was going on premade prey model raw diet within three days her PH went from 9 to 7! then later on to 6 i was over the moon and she wasnt struggling to pee but going alot easier, she stopped licking her private so much, wasnt straining and we havent had any problems since aside from a few trial and error with treats/certain foods.

Id stay clear of any veggies atm thats what turned out to be the problem was the fruit and veg in my dogs diet causing it to be so high!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts