Dog Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Our small mix breed girl has on & off issues with this. Luckily it's not daily but it's still an issue that I would love to resolve or minimize if possible. Vet said $500 surgery a year ago and that ain't gonna happen. We are currently giving her a Bladder Strength pill heavy in Pumpkin Seed powder, Glutinose Root Powder,Wild Yarn Extract, and Soy Protein. Thoughts it was working but after a week we had a couple episodes today. She is just 2 1/2yrs old so would love to solve or minimize the issue. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated

·
Super Moderator
10,820 Posts
Did your vet say why she's leaking urine? There are a number of causes for that, and it's hard to say what might help without knowing the underlying cause.

What you can do to minimize the damage to your home is train her to wear a doggie diaper, If she's only leaking a little then getting the ones that are used for a dog's menstrual cycle, and lining them with panty liners, should work fine.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Did your vet say why she's leaking urine? There are a number of causes for that, and it's hard to say what might help without knowing the underlying cause.

What you can do to minimize the damage to your home is train her to wear a doggie diaper, If she's only leaking a little then getting the ones that are used for a dog's menstrual cycle, and lining them with panty liners, should work fine.
You sound like a person of knowledge. Does the pill we are giving her over the counter seem like a good idea?

·
Super Moderator
10,820 Posts
I can only go by the info I've found on them, and the reviews, but it looks like it's one of those could help, shouldn't hurt, products. I had a dog with spay incontinence and I'd probably have tried the Bladder Strength pills had I known about them back then.

·
Registered
2,300 Posts
Trying non invasive remedies are always a good idea. If, however, they don't work, you may be faced with a surgical fix, which may wind up being the only game in town. Work with your Vet, so you are sure nothing you give her is harmful.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Is she spayed? It may be a hormone issue. My brother-in-law’s lab had problems and it was controlled with meds.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts