Dog Forum banner

Urgent! Please help my puppy

1284 Views 4 Replies 3 Participants Last post by  LaylaBird
My 9 month old puppy, Baby Bits has holes all throughout her face and now under her chin. I was bathing her 3 days ago when I came home from work (around 3-4 am) after cleaning her face & head I noticed blood running down the drain. I immediately finished rinsing her and took her right out. When drying her off I notice 2 holes on her left side and 1 on her right. I immediately grabbed my Emergency kit and cleaned it up with Triadine and Antibacterial Ointment, & bandaged her up. Over the course of these few days I've been keeping the areas clean, bandaged & maintained the best I could, she's seemed to of been getting better. Until I noticed she was no longer eating, I have to pick her up and hold her to her water bowl just to drink, and yet another hole in the center under her chin! & Now there's today where things have taken a dramatic hit to rock bottom.. LITERALLY!! My son took her out for a walk before we went to get my daughter from school and I hear him screaming.. As I was running out to him he was picking Baby up and walking towards me. She was going to walk down the steps and just fell, all the way down 4 concrete steps. Now, she drags her back legs, walks on her front right paw and refuses to eat. But will drink still thank god!! I've called numerous vets about taking payment arrangements & found none. 2 days before this all began I was robbed for over $1,500 in cash & valuables and just paid this months rent. I feel like I don't even deserve to have her now that I financially can't afford to take care of her. I'm scared to death of what this could be. It's not BotFly, Nothing comes to the surface of the holes. And Now the holes are bigger and draining constant fluid with a horrible odor and she has these extremely painful looking sores on the inside of her mouth, like she's been chewing at her lips. I've been using Oral Porixide on the inside of her mouth.. SOmeone please help me help her. There isn't anything I wouldn't do for some help. And I've turned to the internet because everyone I've turned to out here aren't willing to help. If they could only see her or feel her pain, they wouldn't be so quick to turn away.
See less See more
1 - 2 of 5 Posts
Welcome to the forum.
It is hard to give any advice not being able to see. I would definitely have her seen by a vet.
You can apply for care credit to pay for the vet visit. Be sure to call around to make sure the vet you go to takes it.
Good luck
One of the Vets that I called today had me go online and apply for that, Unfortunately, It kept bringing me back to the application. I wasn't able to find if I was approved or not. However, I did get her to a Vet today. When I woke up to find her hiding with an extremely high fever, I called every number listed within driving distance. Not many offered Emergency Services here in Philadelphia, And I'm very low on funds with being robbed recently. :( But the Vet gave me very disturbing results but was more than helpful.
Baby has a Bacterial Flesh eating disorder that started in her mouth. When she was a puppy (Starting 3 months back to about 3 weeks ago) Baby used to eat Maggots. I was constantly catching her doing this & I would immediately cleanse out her mouth & sometimes even give her a bath depending on if they were on her face still or not. Also, about a week ago I seen, caught and killed a mouse that was in my kitchen near her food.. which explained why she wouldn't eat unless I cleaned the bowl out, put fresh food in it and sat with her to eat. I thought she was going through some mental issues with just having her 1st menstrual cycle that was followed by a false pregnancy :( My baby girl just couldn't get a break. Unfortunately, the Vet has informed me that she needs a tremendous amount of work done costing about $900 minimum and that he couldn't work with me financially. So he gave her a shot, also gave me 10 350mg Ampicillin & said to clean the wounds every 2-4 hrs with betadine and saline, leave the wounds open and draining, to give her to antibiotics every 12 hrs, & to take her to the ASPCA first thing in the morning. My fear is that she's not going to make it.
See less See more
1 - 2 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.