Dog Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My dog can't stand up anymore, like he's paralyzed only his head is moving but he eats/drinks well just cant move his tongue properly too. I brought him to the vet and the vet says my dog has a distemper. My dog stays in our farm so we had to move him out there to take him to the vet. Before we brought him in our house in the city, our workers in the farm told us our dog suddenly became weak and couldnt stand anymore, they suspected that it was from the poultry's immunization since our chickens there died too. I dont know what else to do but we gave him the medicines the vet gave. any suggestions how can I help my dog he's been down for a week now and he cries alot.

·
Registered
2,343 Posts
What prognosis did the Vet say was a reasonable expectation? You might want a second opinion from another Vet. Sounds like he needs more help that he is getting.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yes i was told it was distemper but I looked it up on the internet i dont find any symptoms of distemper in my dog just he cant move/stand up. Yes, I'm thinking of seeing another vet.

·
Super Moderator
10,820 Posts
That does not sound like distemper to me. Definitely take him to a different vet for a second opinion.

I hope your dog pulls through!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts