Dog Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My dog got bit by another dog. The wound is on the nose. The bleeding stopped about 15 minutes after the bite occurred, but has started again and it's 1:14 am right now. There are some emergency 24 hour vet clinics around, but all with bad reputation. The bleeding isn't severe, more like dripping, but she is constantly licking it. We saw the vet right after she got bit, and he said that i didn't need to worry, unless the wound started to swell. And if it did, he would have to administer antibiotics. Could the other dog have injured her in a non-obvious way? Is there anything i should worry about other than her discomfort? She started screaming, and there was nothing i could have done to stop the other dog from attacking. It was my fault. I know that this particular dog doesn't like other dogs, and my dog got too close to her. What do i do?

·
Registered
420 Posts
Follow your vet's advice, if it's just a few drops of blood because she's licking, take her to the vet again tomorrow.

You might try giving her something frozen she likes to lick as a distraction from licking at her wound. She might just be licking the scabs off and a distraction might minimize her doing that for a while.

·
Super Moderator
9,240 Posts
I would definitely recommend taking her back to the vet in the morning and maybe asking for advice on how to keep the dog from licking it (although that may be impossible...)

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the replies. I took her to the vet in the morning as her nose was swollen a little bit and i started panicking. She got one dose of antibiotics and we were sent home. She was mopey all day long, but perked up during our night walk. Now she's sleeping peacefully in my bed. I do hope everything goes well. Thanks again

1 - 4 of 4 Posts