Dog Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday I gave my dog a cooked bone. Which I know is bad but he’s never had issues in the past 4 years but right now I regret it so much! But a few hours after he eat it, he starting vomiting but with no sound.. such as he was silently vomiting and the vomit was filled with bone fragments and normal dog food. The first pile was huge for my 40lb dog and the rest that followed where small until he had to vomit again in the middle of the night but I have stopped seeing a lot of bone fragments in the vomit. Or if there is bone fragments, it’s now very tiny such as less then a inch long like maybe 6cm (aka very tiny). But my dog is not only vomiting, he is obviously in pain and is even whining when he is laying down. Plus I tried giving him some oatmeal since that was all I had on hand (I was hoping he has an upset stomach and I know bland food helps) but he wouldn’t even touch the oatmeal which made me add peanut butter to it to entice him but it didn’t work, he only sniffed it. But right now I’m extremely worried for him and I don’t want to lose my best friend. Also some other details I noticed about him was that he wouldn’t raise his head last night, kept it at a straight low angle like his throat was bothering him and he has been drinking water and ate some grass today.

Also side note: my dog has a very sensitive stomach and gets sick / vomits very easy. Such as every car ride he’s been on, has made him vomit and he is one of those dogs to vomit for no reason (or over nothing urgent). So a part of my is hoping it’s just an extreme upset stomach but I’m starting to feel like it’s somethin Much more serious.

Also usually I would’ve taken him to a vet by now but I can’t for another 6 days until my mom gets back (I’m under 18 in a town I don’t know a lot of people plus I can’t drive so I’m basically stuck here till my mom gets back in the country).

Btw my dogs name is Atticus and he is a PB whippet and will be turning 6 on November 17th.

So can somebody please help me identify the problem and tell me some thing I can do until my mom is home?? I don’t want to loose Atticus.

·
Super Moderator
10,713 Posts
With how your dog is acting there's not much you can do but get him to the vet. Cooked bones can do all kinds of internal damage and your boy needs to be checked out. Hopefully it's just a massive upset stomach but it could be something life threatening.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Call someone to take you and the dog to the vet. Someone you know had a car or parents with a car.

·
Super Moderator
3,568 Posts
How is he feeling today? Have you called your vet yet?

I know that you're in a new town, but do you know any friends with parents who can drive you to the vet? What about a taxi or Uber? Since he gets carsick, transport him in a crate or bring some towels to put down on the floor.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts