Dog Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am not sure if this is pee or discharge, but this happened when my dog is sleeping on my bed. It's like a puddle of liquid which i initially thought it was urine and its not sticky. I pulled down his skin and realized that the tip of his penis is swollen and i got really worried. But just 10-15 mins later when i checked it again, it's no longer swollen.

Can someone advise me on this?

5e2ae0bf-1fa8-4232-801e-9e18ebf5517b.jpg

37ce6d7d-a713-4ac7-9280-76abb80db8ba.jpg

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi yichew!

I cant necessarily say that it is/nor if it is not an infection but I just wanted to say it was similar to an experience I had with my pup...He was neutered at 7 months. However, this was after he started humping. Even after neutering the behavior stayed. So whenever I had a teddy bear around or a soft fleece blanket, I would find him humping it. After humping it, he would lay there and once I noticed that his penis did not fully retract into his foreskin because it was swollen. I was about to freak out until maybe 5-10 minutes later, He was up and walking and I saw that it wasn't swollen anymore and it successfully retracted inside. I also then noticed small little spots like the second picture on my fleece blankets and I think that is from him accidentally peeing after his "deed".

My dog has also left huge puddles on my bed like the first picture, and I found it weird too, because it was so out of ordinary for him to pee on the bed...but honestly we did not think that it was an infection..and that it could possibly be because he was upset I was away for the week prior? Again, it may not have been the right assumptions...I dont know if this helps, but I would say keep an eye on your pup and if it really worries you, then the vet is definitely the way to go..better safe than sorry right?

Best of luck!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts