Dog Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We had another bad night with Gizzy. It's just been a month since he had the last episode of severe vomiting and very foul-smelling diarrhea. The poor baby was just miserable. It pains my heart to see him like that. :(

I've tried so many different low-ingredient grain free foods and nothing helps.

I took him to the vet this morning and he's doing blood work. I should know something in the morning. He's also on Cerenia again and the boiled chicken, rice, cottage cheese, sweet potato diet for a few days.

As far as his allergies go. I've bought hydrocortisone spray for dogs and keeping him inside except for just long enough to go do his business outside. Giving him frequent baths with special shampoo and he's taking benedryl everyday.

PLEASE pray for our little man. Don't let it be anything serious, please!

·
Super Moderator
10,820 Posts
Praying for him and you.

When Zody had all his digestive issues he didn't do well on chicken and rice. He did better when I switched him to ground turkey and mashed sweet potato.

How long are you giving him on each food? How slowly are you transitioning him from one to another? When he's on the chicken and rice do you slowly, over the course of a couple weeks (yes that slowly) switch him back onto the kibble?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts