Dog Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
12,135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Vet just called, all tests came back normal, just waiting on the valley fever results. Now its a wait and see game, we just wait and see if the same thing ever happens again.

·
Registered
12,135 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Good!

What the heck is valley fever? lolz
It is a desert disease...can get pretty ugly and cause all sorts of different problems. I never heard of it to be honest until my parents dog got it years and years ago, and I still do not know all the different symptoms but it causes joint issues and lung issues and then some, people get it too, my sister has it. If you do not live in a desert area of CA you don't have it (I don't think). It is caused by some spores in the dust so in AZ you are advised to lightly water your dirt during windy seasons to help keep the dust in the air down. Dogs have lost legs due to not being treated for limps.

·
Registered
18,782 Posts
It is a desert disease...can get pretty ugly and cause all sorts of different problems. I never heard of it to be honest until my parents dog got it years and years ago, and I still do not know all the different symptoms but it causes joint issues and lung issues and then some, people get it too, my sister has it. If you do not live in a desert area of CA you don't have it (I don't think). It is caused by some spores in the dust so in AZ you are advised to lightly water your dirt during windy seasons to help keep the dust in the air down. Dogs have lost legs due to not being treated for limps.

Lmao..I live in a desert region of Ca that has high winds (the trees grow slanted here)

Iam off to research it!!!

Dog | Forum | Rocks!

·
Registered
193 Posts
Lmao..I live in a desert region of Ca that has high winds (the trees grow slanted here)

Iam off to research it!!!
You must live in the same are as me, well for the next 2 weeks - then I am in England. I live in Palmdale.

·
Registered
12,135 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yea typically if you live in the desert of AZ and I am pretty sure CA and any other state then valley fever exists. Let me know what you find.

·
Registered
12,135 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Registered
18,782 Posts
Did you find anything? I found this website...it says it starts in the lungs and its more serious when it spreads outside, this is when seizures can occur and limb pain and swelling and more. check it out if interested :)

http://www.vfce.arizona.edu/Content/Documents/Valley Fever in Dogs for PDF.pdf

My husband seemed to know a little about it when I asked him.

I can't get that link to work on this computer (im at work) I'll read it when I get home tho...the internet is barely working.

Dog | Forum | Rocks!

·
Registered
12,135 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It is official, Peyton is all around healthy so it may have not been a seizure and if it was, it could have been a fluke or could be a very random occurance :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts