Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to rant.
I was walking a dog I don't own, Im watching her for the next eight days. Suddenly a dog runs up to us as we're walking across the street from its house. The dog seems friendly, everything was going ok. The dog suddenly lunges at my dogs neck. She squeals but I pulled her away in time so no damage was done, she was very upset and squealing, barking, growling at the other dog as I held her. The dog tries to lunge at her as Im holding her, bites me in the process and the owner is standing at the end of the driveway doing nothing. "did she bite her?" she asks like its no big deal. I said "I don't know yet" and walked away as fast as I could. It took the rest of the walk for the dog Im watching to stop looking behind her in case the other dog was coming after her. I've now got a bloody arm but I am so thankful the dog wasn't hurt. I have no idea what I would have done if the dog had gotten injured.
One of my dogs doesn't like others dogs, so I keep him LEASHED at all times so I can have control of any situation he's in. It's so un responsible of dog owners to let their dgs run free when they know they're aggressive

·
Registered
405 Posts
... "did she bite her?" she asks like its no big deal. I said "I don't know yet" and walked away as fast as I could...
I would have added, "but she bit me." And reporting it. It might be too late, but I'd still call and report the attack and bite.

And, to be honest, I don't care if the dog is aggressive or not, it has no right harassing people on public streets/roads. I hope your arm will be OK, and the dog you're babysitting isn't too unsettled over the incident.

·
Registered
9 Posts
That is ridiculous. You should definitely report it if you can. Obviously the behavior is nothing new and the owner hasn't done anything to curb it. So irresponsible and a huge risk seeing as the dog is clearly undeterred by humans. Hope your arm feels better!

·
Registered
2,643 Posts
are you badly injured?
Got to the doc asap.
also, take your vaccination book with me, so he can check if you need an additional vaccination against tetanus for example.
I'd report that to the police. with as much information as you remember.
take also the diagnosis of the doc with you, so they know how bad it was.
such a dog does not only need to be leashed, it needs to wear a muzzle an of the owner can't make sure of that the dog should be put in a more suitable home.

·
Registered
273 Posts
One of my neighbors lets his female pitbull out in front while he works on cars. We live in a very busy suburb neighborhood across the street from a school. The dog is fine if you're walking on your own, but if you have a dog, it raises its hackles and gets very stiff and looks like it will lunge if you get too close, so I always have to cross the street there. To me, that is borderline irresponsible because the dog doesn't run out after you, but it IS loose and makes me feel unsure when with my dogs.

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
Since you did not say anything at the time about the dog biting you, it would be pretty hard to prove it was his dog that bit you now. Hope your arm is okay but even a small dog bite is not something to just leave unless it is just a scratch. Dog bites can get infected pretty easily.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.