Dog Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 11 month old Black Lab. My neighbor has a 6 year old black lab, so we go for "play dates". I brought him down today, and he had a large rawhide bone. We normally don't give him those at the house, mostly because they get all tacky and makes a mess on the carpet. After being down at my neighbors for about an hour and a half, I took my dog home. I noticed he was very out of it, barley wanted to move at all, just lay there and sleep. About 4 hours after we got home, I was laying down watching a movie. My dog was laying down between my boyfriend and I on the bed, sleeping with his head on my stomach. After a while of him sleeping, he lift his head and looked at us very confused. All of the sudden, I had a huge pile of urine on my bed. This went though my comforter, sheet, mattress pad, memory foam topper onto my mattress itself, also onto my boyfriend and mine legs.. It took a while, but I got everything cleaned up. I've noticed this has been happening just about every time he has rawhide.

My main concern is the daze my dog goes into after this happens. I was doing some research online, but I'm not too sure what to go by. I've seen that this may caused by a urinary tract infections. I'm also not sure if this is just caused by the excessive amount of water given to him, especially due to the hotter weather. I am also concerned to the lack of emotion my dog is showing.

Do you think I should take my dog to the vet, or just play this one off? I'm just worried, not knowing what to do.:eyeroll:

·
Registered
40 Posts
Definitely to the vet. There can be a zillion reasons for abnormal urination.. It may be incontinence (the inability to consciously void urine) or it could be something else, like an obstruction or infection or something that manifests itself as incontinence but isn't truely incontinence. Only your vet can work it up for you.

Good luck

Cheers
Phil

·
Registered
12,135 Posts
I would take him to the vet. The extreme tiredness is most likely due to the playdate. My dogs get extremely lethergic/tired after playing rough or going to the dog park. But the urinating I dont want to say is him being lazy and lethargic because hes laying in it.... so I definitely think this is one for the vet. They will most likely want a urine sample if you can try and get one the day of the visit it would help any diagnosis.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts