Dog Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
12,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Glacier threw up a couple times and is dry heaving....Our vet closed at noon (ugh weekends blow) and I hate the emergency vet. I don't see any other signs of parvo. He has not had a full on nap today like normal so will lay down and get up awhile later with that "gonna vom" look on his face, he dry heaves now and nothing is coming up. My brother came out and Glacier got perky and excited then after he left came back to cuddle with me. We have read that this could be anywhere from allergies to rabies :eek:...I have never had a dog throw up from allergies and it better not be rabies!.... Is there something we can give him at home to settle his stomach or should we just go straight to the Emergency room?

Also we do have grass in the backyard and he does eat some but its not like today is the first day he has eaten it. Could he just have too much grass in his belly and not be getting rid of it?

·
Registered
18,680 Posts
Did he eat anything wierd? A piece of toy or anything?

Luckily mine tend not to yack (knock on wood) but that makes me no help...

Im paranoid, so i'd be at the vet, simply because hes so young. I tend to wait a little longer on the older dogs, and rush if its the little guy.

Dog | Forum | Rocks!

·
Registered
12,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Did he eat anything wierd? A piece of toy or anything?

Luckily mine tend not to yack (knock on wood) but that makes me no help...

Im paranoid, so i'd be at the vet, simply because hes so young. I tend to wait a little longer on the older dogs, and rush if its the little guy.
I think he could have gotten a string from a rope toy into him (he threw up this morning and it looked like oatmeal so no more of that for him, it had a very small piece of rope in it or he threw up on the rope LOL).

I am paranoid too but my bf is not :eyeroll: He brought up a good point that he IS active just not for very very long periods of time, but again he also has not had a very long nap and we did a lot of house cleaning today so he was stressed out with being locked in with my brother and then being locked up in the livingroom without us. Now the ONLY thing he could get into is going to be a toy, all cleaning supplies and anything else similar is LOCKED UP away from my babies.

He just got up and started playing so we offered him a very small amt of food in hopes if there is something in his tummy that needs to come out the tiny bit of food will help. He ran around outside and is now lying down again. I think I am going to watch him and call our vet tomorrow first thing in the AM. His appointment for his next shot is Monday but if he throws up again I am not waiting to get him in.

·
Registered
18,680 Posts
Oh yeah...I learned the hard way with those ropes. I found red and green swirls in a turd (red and green xmas rope) and that was the end of that.

I bet you he ate som' rope that disagreed with him..lol

Dog | Forum | Rocks!

·
Registered
12,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Oh yeah...I learned the hard way with those ropes. I found red and green swirls in a turd (red and green xmas rope) and that was the end of that.

I bet you he ate som' rope that disagreed with him..lol
Yea I am done with rope, Peyton gets it in his poo and he freaks out and screams running around in circles and we have to slowly grab it and then he will "let it out" DONE WITH ROPES I TELL YA! And stuffed animals LOL He has not gotten sick for a little over an hour so cross your fingers!

·
Registered
12,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ok hes fine HAHA He is annoying the chi's now and kicking a ball around running in circles and jumping etc etc

·
Registered
146 Posts
Glad he's back to normal :)

IIRC, you're in Az, right? I don't know what part... but I like the ER vet at 7th and Union Hills. HATE the one at 35th and Glendale. The one at 99th and Peoria is fine.

·
Registered
12,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Glad he's back to normal :)

IIRC, you're in Az, right? I don't know what part... but I like the ER vet at 7th and Union Hills. HATE the one at 35th and Glendale. The one at 99th and Peoria is fine.
I am in Phoenix actually The one at 35th and Glendale is who everybody refers to, I just had the worst experience at First Regional on warner and alma school, sat in the waiting room with my dachshund who was bleeding from the face for over an hour without anybody assessing him, we would up having him PTS :( I will keep in mind the other two JIC TY :)

·
Registered
60 Posts
i woukd go to the emergency vet.i mean he is pretty young..yea how old is he lol? no iam serious you schould go to the emergency vet.well i would at least...i never seen or heard about a dog puking every 5 minutes..lol

·
Registered
12,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
He is fine. Obviously it was either the grass wouldnt come up or he got a bit of stuffing from a toy in him. It wasnt every 5 mins, it was every once in awhile, he would sleep for a bit then get up and throw up. I think he tried to get stuff up about 4-5 times in about 2 hours or so (I cant remember)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts