Dog Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So story time! Took Karma to the local arts festival with some friends and she was doing awesome. My sister found one of her teachers so we stopped and she was talking to him and some freaking idot decided it was a great idea to harass Karma and I. I'm bad in crowds to start so at the time I was more super freaked out than PO'd, but yeah...

He did it twice though the first time he just walked up and started talking to Karma who at the time I was holding and it wasn't a big deal the second time he came up talking loud, swinging his arms, stomping his feet, and clapping in her face like he was trying to provoke her into biting him... Like I said I was more freaked out than anything and just tried getting out of the situation by moving away and he litterally followed us down the street. Ended up freaking her out which was completely understandable and she ended up alarm barking a few times. And finally he stopped... Had I thought about it I would've talked to one of the many cops that were there or asked him to leave her alone, but my anxiety had kicked into overdrive then and I just wanted out of the situation *sigh*

After he lost interest went bakc to where my sisters and friend were and some people who witnessed the whole thing were trying to calm me down and what not. Thankfully Karma recovered and was her usual people loving self, but yeah I've never been in that sort of situation before and well it sucks...

·
Registered
2,800 Posts
So weird. I hate people like that, but maybe he had some sort of mental illness and didn't know what he was doing was wrong...

At the daycare I work at we have an observation window and people do the strangest things trying to set the dogs off (and usually succeeding- the dogs love to bark at the people in the window) -__-

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I wouldn't be surprised if he did have a mental issue or under the influence of something as he was acting rather off before and after the incidents.

I'm glad the situation wasn't worse as had he done that to the wrong dog it could've been bad. At first Karma's body language was rather loose and she looked like she wanted to say hi, but I was freaked out and about ready to have an anxiety attack and wasn't going to risk anything... So she probably picked up on that and along with his erratic movements and loud voice made her nervous.

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Boxerluv, you obviously have a really good dog and have done a great job with training. I'm sorry this jerk misbehaved, but both you and your dog did well in dealing with him.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Ugh, I have had weird stuff happen to me like this too. Some people are just off their rocker! Anyways, sorry you and your dog had to experience it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts