Dog Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
900 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My boys are officially blood donors!! They went in for their first donation yesterday and the guy at the clinic was super impressed with how good and laid back both were. He said he wishes all their donors were like Tynan & Timber. He said both were having so much fun there and were loving all the attention, lol.

I'm so proud of my boys! :)

·
Registered
579 Posts
That is so great! they should both feel very proud of themselves.

·
Registered
900 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I never heard of being an animal blood donor before. What are the criteria and where do the dogs go to donate?
Not all vet clinics run a pet blood bank. The one Tynan & Timber donate for have the criteria: must be over 50lbs, friendly, between 5-8 (if I remember correctly on age), not be on any medications, and overall healthy. They do a complete and very thorough exam which includes: full physical exam, full blood work, hw testing, urine and poop samples too. I believe they do blood work before each donation. They can donate every 3 months. Hope I didn't forget anything.

·
Registered
900 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
updated pics. :)

Until we can start our new threads, i'd thought i'd post some new pics of my guys here. :)

Finally cooled down enough to have some real fun outdoors.

·
Registered
734 Posts
Until we can start our new threads, i'd thought i'd post some new pics of my guys here. :)

Finally cooled down enough to have some real fun outdoors.

Unfortunately I cannot see these new pics but your first pics are great . Your boys are very handsome ..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts