Dog Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello, I recently got a new puppy from one of my friend's relative. He's 7 weeks (They're moving out of state and insisted I took him in). I saw the mother dog, she's a lab/dalmatian mix & was decently size (larger than a regular lab). I did not see the father dog but they told me he's a big husky.
Cookie has been with me since Sunday. I took him to the vet today to check up on his overall health.

He is 4lb at 7 weeks. From his the tip of his nose to end (excluding tails) he is around 13inch. He seem small for a lab/husky mix but the vet told me that is overall healthy and he will grow. I seen lab and husky puppy at 7 weeks and they look twice as big as my Cookie.

So I'm thinking, maybe he isn't mix husky? But my friends told me he "look" mix husky. What do you guys think?

·
Registered
271 Posts
Adorable little guy!!!!

I'd say he probably has some husky in there, but maybe not a big breed. There are smaller breeds of husky out there, or a smaller husky mix. It can be hard to tell when they are young, and some dogs are just smaller or larger then parents, sometimes both parents. We have a dog that was half Standard Poodle (probably around 60 lbs) and Golden Retriever (mother was 60 lbs) that ended up being 90 lbs!!
Hidden genes can make a dog smaller then expected or larger than expected.

I'd love to get updated as he grows older, see what his adult-coat looks like, ect.

Best of luck with your puppy!! : )

1 - 2 of 2 Posts