Dog Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I'm new here, and my fiancee and I adopted a pup about 2 weeks ago. She's a mix breed but we don't know what she is a mix of. We're sure she has some kind of shepherd in her but we don't know what else. She is currently about 8 months old and is just shy of 20lbs with an estimated adult size of 25lbs.

She is also full of energy and loves to run and thinks everything is a toy for her to play with. She is very smart and inquisitive.

Thanks in advance for any help in identifying the mix of our little Clover. IMAG0099.jpg

IMAG0097.jpg

IMAG0100.jpg

·
Super Moderator
11,911 Posts
If she is only 20 lbs at 8 months old then there has to be a smaller breed in the mix.
What about some corgi? Is she long and low to the ground? In the first photo her front legs look pretty short, though it could be the angle the photo was taken from.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If she is only 20 lbs at 8 months old then there has to be a smaller breed in the mix.
What about some corgi? Is she long and low to the ground? In the first photo her front legs look pretty short, though it could be the angle the photo was taken from.
IMAG0093.jpg

here's a picture of her standing up it's a little blurry but you can see how tall she is.

·
Registered
22,635 Posts
what about an australian kelpie? they aren't very common, but there are a few...

she could be some sort of healer mix also, they have the tan markings too... but i don't think they have solid coats, still with the way that genes work, it is really hard to tell for certain what went into the mix...

Dog | Forum | Rocks!

·
Registered
152 Posts
I doubt they're very accurate, but you could always have a doggie-dna test ran on her. Like this one is "take home":

Dog DNA Test, Dog Breed Test - Wisdom Panel Canine DNA Testing

Again though, the accuracy of it is pretty questionable. Online reviews from people who ran other tests seem like when they get the results it will be minus a breed the know for positive is in their mix doggie. =P Regardless, if you have the money to spend, I imagine it's kind of fun.

·
Registered
4,936 Posts
She looks exactly like my friend Doberman X Doberman/German Shepherd mix.
I don't think there is kelpie in her because
A)The are extremly rare outside of Australia
B)The only keplies outside Australia are show dogs/companions
C)Those breed for showing are solids colours
Therefore.. unless DemraTheKnight is from Australia, I don't think there could be any Kelpie in her. But I do see your point with why you thought so, beautiful breed :D I want one!!!

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
All your dog will need is smaller ears and folded down half way and your pup will look like mine only finer short hair. But I would wager gsd and rottie or even doberman, gsd.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts