Dog Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Premium Member
4,577 Posts
If you're willing to dish out a little bit of money (well more than a little I guess, it's like 150), Emily Larlham (Kikopup) has a membership program where each week for 52 weeks she release a different private video to train body awareness, focus game, proofing, and tricks. They are really cool ranging from "say your prayers" to walking on feet, big circles, back-up etc. She gives a video tutorial, all the steps are written out, and she includes trouble-shooting and ways to make it harder. You can read about it here: Dogmantics Membership

I also have this one and like it just fine, I have to admit, I enjoy YouTube videos quite a bit, so I'm limited on my book suggestions.

Reactions: TruckersMom

· Premium Member
4,577 Posts
@Aspen726 - I do have the membership, and I LOVE IT. I was a little hesitant because of the price, but when I recognized that it is 150 for a year of training, and most classes are 120 for 6 weeks, it seemed like a no brainer. You also get access to a private Facebook group where you can post videos and ask questions. :) You also can see the first week "Paws Up" trick tutorial for free so you can see if you like the style.

Both dogs seem to pick up the tasks very quickly, and I find the teaching pretty easy, and then it is just repetition.

I will admit, I haven't read that book in a long time, since I've become a YouTube junkie.

Reactions: Aspen726

· Premium Member
4,577 Posts
Oh that's fine, I alternate a lot between "yes!" and a clicker. Mainly because I like knowing if I forget my clicker, my dogs still know they did the right thing. Plus, sometimes I have too much going on in my hands to work the clicker.

· Premium Member
4,577 Posts
Yay! Levi also loves leg weaves. He REALLY likes going behind you and coming between your legs. I've made some quick friends at the dog park because he does it to everyone. Like whoops, say hello to my dog.

Reactions: Aspen726

· Premium Member
4,577 Posts
@Aspen726 - Levi has a fairly embarrassing sit pretty. I'm 99% sure he has no idea he has back legs. Our battle for hind-end awareness is on-going. :p

I always just put my vids on YouTube, I don't think anyone but DF people see them. :p

· Premium Member
4,577 Posts
I think this is it?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.