Dog Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
22,639 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:ponder:does anybody have any good tricks they have trained their dogs to do that you might recommend, oh and tips for how they did it? i like training my dog to do tricks as well as obedience for several reasons including helping him to build relationships with other people. right now he knows how to roll-over, play dead when i shoot him with my finger gun (this is very entertaining to watch) high 5, shake a paw, high 10 (high five with both paws) and balance a treat on his nose. i am trying to teach him "speak" but he isn't much of a barker and i don't want to capture it at an inappropriate time so that one is taking a while. he is sort of heavy bodied so no acrobatics....

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
18,782 Posts
Recently I've began the foundation of "back leg tricks" where the dog raises a back leg on cue...and eventually limps on cue...you can even keep going and have the dog doing handstands.

Start by picking up your dogs back leg and click/treat (if he doesn't like it go slower, maybe just touch with a finger at first) after a while you'll feel the dog start to "help" lift his leg.... start adding a cue (i use "back leg!" in a happy voice)

after thats down say "back leg" and reach for the leg but don't touch it...the dog might lift it by himself...if he does jackpot him. :) If not...go back a step for a while. :)

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
22,639 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Recently I've began the foundation of "back leg tricks" where the dog raises a back leg on cue...and eventually limps on cue...you can even keep going and have the dog doing handstands.

Start by picking up your dogs back leg and click/treat (if he doesn't like it go slower, maybe just touch with a finger at first) after a while you'll feel the dog start to "help" lift his leg.... start adding a cue (i use "back leg!" in a happy voice)

after thats down say "back leg" and reach for the leg but don't touch it...the dog might lift it by himself...if he does jackpot him. :) If not...go back a step for a while. :)
oh, i like it!:D that is very unique. i think it will help us with learning to stand as well. Clover really tries to anticipate what the next cue will be so it will be cool to give hims something new in the mix!
thank you

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
55 Posts
I've taught one of my dogs to bow. Its very cute and he'll do it sometimes by himself to get a treat when he's begging for food.

what i did was simply slowly lower a treat towards the ground and as he is about to lay down I told him bow and gave him the treat. If he accidentally laid down all the way I would either tell him up or I would put my hands on the sides of his stomach and push up a little to get his haunches up and before he got up I would tell him Bow again and give him a treat. What started this was the fact that when he lays down he likes to stretch his hind legs out from under him so he's lying on his belly so I would usually catch him before he layed completly down and tell him bow and treat him. He soon caught on and now does it on command.

·
Registered
22,639 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
cute

I've taught one of my dogs to bow. Its very cute and he'll do it sometimes by himself to get a treat when he's begging for food.

what i did was simply slowly lower a treat towards the ground and as he is about to lay down I told him bow and gave him the treat. If he accidentally laid down all the way I would either tell him up or I would put my hands on the sides of his stomach and push up a little to get his haunches up and before he got up I would tell him Bow again and give him a treat. What started this was the fact that when he lays down he likes to stretch his hind legs out from under him so he's lying on his belly so I would usually catch him before he layed completly down and tell him bow and treat him. He soon caught on and now does it on command.
that sounds cute, i think i'll give it a go!
thanks

1 - 5 of 5 Posts