Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi!

So when it comes to obedience training I am on firm ground with the basic utility stuff. Things like sit, down, leave it, wait, stay, ect.

However I have never really done much trick training. Our shih tzu Shelby is
quite smart and very enthusiastic about training. She already knows all the basic obedience stuff and I have thrown in a few other things like "under" "over" "spin" "twirl" "back up" and "bow" but I am kind of out of my element on where to go next.

I was browsing Amazon for books and I came across two different trick training books. They are both written by Kyra Sundance. One is called "101 Dog Tricks" and the other is "51 Puppy Tricks"

They have good reviews on Amazon. I was wondering if anyone here had read them? are they worth picking up?

Does anyone have other suggestions? I don't want to stop training just because I have run out of ideas. I feel if your dog is enthusiastic about learning you are kind of a schmuck if you stop teaching.

Beth & Crew

·
Premium Member
7,969 Posts
@Ruckus I have that book as well.

I get great stuff off of Kikopup's YouTube channel! There's also a Facebook group called "Tricks and Training", which is awesome. Sara Carson runs a great trick group as well. :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.