Dog Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone. This is my first post, I'm a newbie. I have a question I just hope I don't sound like an idiot when asking.

Anywho, heres the deal. I just got a 9 week old cockapoo puppy and he is the greatest thing to ever happen to me
I live in LA and I will be traveling to Houston for the Holidays. I will be there for 16 days and I want to bring my puppy along. However, when I booked my flight I booked it through Southwest during the summertime and I just read about their pet flying policy (no animals).
My question is, what other options do I have to get my puppy there and back for the holidays? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks and I'm glad I found this site!!!

·
Registered
370 Posts
Sorry cant help as I live in Australia, our flights let us take our dog.

Congrats on your new puppy, must say though I wish ppl would not call them a cockapoo like they are a breed. They are a cockerspaniel cross poodle. In Australia they call them Spoodles, sorry that annoys me just as much.

·
Registered
79 Posts
You can get a Sherpa bag and teach your pup to go in that. Then you can carry him onto the plane and put him under the seat. All airlines let you do this. It will cost you but not as much as shipping him by himself.

Call the airline cargo people and talk to them. I've never had a problem flying with my dogs any time of the year.

Be sure to get a health certificate. Since you'll be gone for more than 10 days, you'll need to get a health certificate for each flight.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi, I too am new to forum. I am trying to reach others who have experience in shipping to the Philippines? Anyone who could help me , Prince and I would be very grateful.:dog-cool:

·
Registered
5 Posts
the problem is Southwest

I know you've already travelled - but if anyone is checking this for future referencne - Southwest doesn't allow animals at all - if you sneak one on and they discover you will be met upon arrival by security and possibly banned from all future SW flights -

Most other airlines allow pets in the cabin but you need to make arrangements prior to arrival at the airport. There is a limit to the # of pets on each flight. My little guy has his own frequent flyer mile # and often I buy him a seat [Delta] rather than "under the seat" as the charge for "under the seat" is $250 and often I can get him a ticket for that price.

However, when I booked my flight I booked it through Southwest during the summertime and I just read about their pet flying policy (no animals).!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.