Dog Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a five year old Coton de Tulear. I plan to relocate from upstate ny to central Florida (retirement community) in three years. Before then, I plan to make at least one month long visit down there. I did a quick search on the web and found several companies that transport pet dogs.

Has anybody done this? If so, can you give me any advice? I'm single and I don't know anyone who I can ask to care for my dog while I'm gone. And I know I will have to find a rental down there that allows pet dogs. One pet transport company did mention a few things about kennel size, etc. But I figured I'd ask here and try and learn more. Any pet dog transportation company recommendatons?

I did do a search in this forum, but didn't find threads addressing my questions. If you know of any, that would be helpful to.

·
Super Moderator
3,746 Posts
I'd look into flying with your dog in coach. I'm guessing he's small enough to fit into a soft kennel that you can stow under a seat. Please check with the airline you'll be flying with for details.

·
Registered
4,437 Posts
I agree with Susan. Your dog should be able to fly in the passenger cabin in an approved carrier. Here's a link to one airlines policy below A friend of mine often used to fly with her Jack Russell in the cabin with her.

I'm sorry I have no experience with pet transportation companies like those you've looked into.

Traveling with In-Cabin Pets | United Airlines

1 - 3 of 3 Posts