Dog Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm ready to start actively training Ernie to sleep later. He wakes at 4:30 (we adopted him 3 weeks ago). He whines or barks until I get up. I ignored him this morning and he peed on the carpet)

So my plan is set the alarm for 4:15 and get up and take him out. Then back to bed (hope!!!). Then 10
Minutes later after a few days.... Over and over until we are where I want him

Do I feed him when we get up that early or wait till up for good?
Posted via Mobile Device

· Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It's so hard as I have a special needs child that I have to sleep with in order to get sleep. I don't want him waking her up, so can't just ignore him.
Posted via Mobile Device

· Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ugh. I can't believe I have to set my alarm for 4:15 :(

I do need to crate train him. Right now he screams when we crate him to leave. I can hear him from outside.
Posted via Mobile Device

· Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
If I do this with him in our bedroom and get him sleeping later, will I have to start all
Over when I get him crate trained and sleeping in dining room? If I crate him in dining room and get up with him at 4, he'll scream when I put him back and wake up house. I need to get him crate trained first.
Posted via Mobile Device

· Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
So the reason I wasn't crating him where I can't hear him was I thought it would create more or a problem with barking. If not, I can crate him downstairs where we won't hear him. I just thought I needed to get him crate trained first?
Posted via Mobile Device

· Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
OK so I got up at four in the morning before he woke up and I took him outside He Took care of both of his businesses and was a bit restless after that but didn't all out bark. He'd start to get mouthy and I tell him to be quiet and that was it then up at six. I wish I had more faith this was going to work and I won't be getting up with him forever.

As for his age we don't really know somewhere between one and two. He's probably a miniature Daschund and Jack Russell
Posted via Mobile Device

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.