Dog Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
12,054 Posts
Thank you for your reply. I had actually tried something similar, but that didn't work either.

During the last training session, I took each one off property and separately worked with each. It took a few minutes until they stopped looking for each other, but we ended up with about a 30 minute good training session.

I keep telling the owners to separate them as much as possible, but when you are not there, of course you don't know what's happening.
I have seen this between two giant schnauzers... the owners even brought them to the same puppy class and I had to help hold the one who was not being "trained" at the time. It stunk LOL dang thing almost took my arm off. At one point I said to heck with it and treated the dog as if it were mine and put him in a down stay, which he eventually learned to do without bothersome and calmed down in the process. Wonder if the one who is not being trained is put in a position like a sit stay or down stay and work slowly with that maybe it will help? Hope that made sense... allergies bad benedryl kicking in LOL

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.