Dog Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone!

I have a 1-year-old German Shepherd that I got at 8 weeks. He is super well socialized, not aggressive, well-behaved. I have been training him since he was little but not as frequently as I would have liked it. I am a full-time student so it made it a little more challenging. He is a very picky eater, so when it comes to training, he is not treat-motivated. Another challenge! What I was inquiring about is that I want him to eventually be a service dog (or as well behaved as one). The issue is that when I take him to public places such as the mall, he just gets extremely lazy and impatient. He lays on the floor and refuses to walk. He starts biting his leash. Jumps. It is very problematic because I want to be able to take him everywhere with me. When I sit at a table to grab lunch and ask him to lay down next to me, he barks the entire time. So it makes me very sad because I cannot take him with me.

Can anyone have had a similar experience?

P.S. Yes I will work with a dog trainer! I am looking for one.

I appreciate your help.

·
Registered
487 Posts
Please forgive me in advance for asking this but i need.to ask do you have a disability that requires your dog to perform tasks to help? Or are you just wanting to take your dog everywhere cause you want to?

·
Registered
12 Posts
When you decide to adopt a pet dog, you need to remember that in addition to lovely, docile moments, your puppy will also have moments of hyperactivity, being aggressive or having bad habits of dogs. like gnawing, digging things up or making a baby. As an owner, you must always be alert, alert, aware and aware of your dog's problem in behavior to promptly rectify and train.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts