Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Folks,

Dogs are not use to Shoes. Shoes for Dogs are made as per dog breed. So size matter always. All shoe for dogs are have common size. The dog can behave weird first time. But dont worry you can train him.

Before buy any shoe for dog you need to check this -

1) Material Used
2) Comfort for paw
3) Type of shoe

Not every pet dog love the shoe, But once he love than he wont leave it again...

·
Registered
989 Posts
I'm not sure why anyone would use shoes on their dogs, that would just create more sensitive feet as the pads can't build up and be used for their intended purpose. The only reason I'd use shoes for Cosmo is if we had to constantly walk on hot pavement.

·
Registered
2,643 Posts
I'm not sure why anyone would use shoes on their dogs, that would just create more sensitive feet as the pads can't build up and be used for their intended purpose. The only reason I'd use shoes for Cosmo is if we had to constantly walk on hot pavement.
in the winter it is nice for sensitive dogs, because the combination of melting snow and road salt can hurt.
For dogs with skin diseases or problems with the claws it can also be useful...but I'm with you that for the most healthy dogs it doesn't make much sense.

Reactions: cos

·
Registered
989 Posts
in the winter it is nice for sensitive dogs, because the combination of melting snow and road salt can hurt.
For dogs with skin diseases or problems with the claws it can also be useful...but I'm with you that for the most healthy dogs it doesn't make much sense.
I didn't consider cold weather or skin problems! Those are valid reasons to use them, but some people use shoes for accessory purposes which is just damaging to a dog in the future imo (if that is they're healthy)

·
Registered
874 Posts
I heard that you should put shoes on your dog's because the salt is really bad for them.

I am considering it because I am almost positive that Trucker has never seen snow in his life and is going to freak out when his feet are cold. My neighbor has a pair that worked for her lab and I am hoping they would fit him while he adjusts since I don't what the shoes to be a permanent thing.

Is this wrong?

·
Registered
297 Posts
Here in Canada we have a lot of snow. I have not seen the need to protect Chester's paws, because he is tough and doesn't get cold easily I have never seen him show discomfort when it comes to snow. Also salt is only put by store sidewalks where I live, and not on the roads. The roads are plowed and then get sprinkled with a fine dirt.

But my friends dog, whom I am taking care of right now, is very sensitive to the cold. So for Christmas I got my friend and her dog a pair of winter doggy boots. Even if her dog is out to just go to the washroom the dog is lifting up her paws trying to ovoid standing on the snow too long.

I guess it really depends if the dog shows discomfort or not.

·
Premium Member
Zoe, Phoenix, Alice - ACDx
4,325 Posts
My dog is severely allergic to wet grass and I live in Oregon. If she didn't wear boots in the rainy season her feet would be bleeding and oozing.

I heard that you should put shoes on your dog's because the salt is really bad for them.

I am considering it because I am almost positive that Trucker has never seen snow in his life and is going to freak out when his feet are cold. My neighbor has a pair that worked for her lab and I am hoping they would fit him while he adjusts since I don't what the shoes to be a permanent thing.

Is this wrong?
That is actually true. The salt and sand that they put on the roads in winter can cause severe chemical burns on your dogs paws. If you live in snow country, you should absolutely have your dogs wear boots.

·
Banned
6,019 Posts
sorry confused here but what to do dog shoes/boots have to do with dog grooming?

·
Registered
989 Posts
My dog is severely allergic to wet grass and I live in Oregon. If she didn't wear boots in the rainy season her feet would be bleeding and oozing.

Well this is a medical reason and that would make sense lol. I'm talking about just for everyday wear. Hot pavement, salt and snow, and allergies make sense obviously. Also cool !! I also live in Oregon :)

·
Registered
172 Posts
I tried using boots on Ursa while trail running on a snowy day. Lost one of the $90 shoes after 15 minutes.
I just go with Mushers Secret on icy days.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Wow $90 for boots that don't even stay on? That is sad.

It still amazes me that people really don't understand the need for for dog boots.:ponder:

·
Registered
911 Posts
Most dogs really have no need for boots. There are situations that they work in, but overall, no. In the winter after a walk I take a wet washcloth and wipe my dogs paws off. I'll also sometimes rub in some coconut oil or vitamin E/aloe that I have.

Reactions: TruckersMom

·
Registered
17 Posts
The only time I tried to use dog boots was after my dog cut her paw on some glass that I hadn't seen was on the ground. I used some disposable rubber booties to protect her paw from becoming infected.. she didn't seem to mind them! My mom's dog on the other hand.. one time she tried to put boots on her to go out in the snow and there was no getting her to move. Guess every dog is different!

·
Premium Member
7,969 Posts
I do a lot of hiking with my dog and sometimes the terrain is harsh. She absolutely need the boots or her feet would be sliced open on the rocks.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.