Dog Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Of course I spend good money on toys for my little fur child and his favorite toy is a used water bottle in a sock. Thats ok, as long as he likes and it keeps him occupied I'm happy.

My question is, he tears through it fast. He chews on it, but he punctures the bottle in no time and flattens it out. Once its flat he loses interest. We don't drink bottled water so we just scavenge them from friends or family as we can. So I try to be sparing and not just give him one after the other. We tried to buy him a Kong bone that crinkles very similar to the bottle but he barely touches it.

Anyone have any tricks or ideas to keep the crinkle going longer without him flattening it out so fast? I had thought about maybe three or 4 socks as padding, but wasnt sure if that was the best route or not. Maybe wrapping the bottle in duct tape before putting it in the sock?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Our dogs love to play with water bottles too, but shred them to pieces as soon as they get it out of the sock lol. We have been using the "Animal Skin Plush" water bottle covers at www.schmab.com and they love it! Plus they can't puncture the bottle as fast since it protects it!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts