Dog Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7,579 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So we went to Petsmart yesterday to browse and I found a toy that may just be AWESOME. It's a soft toy and we were looking at product details and musing over whether to get it, when a guy who was also shopping said his Lab has one, and has had it for TWO YEARS

*jaw hits floor* :eek: A LAB?? :eek:

That sold us. It's a soft toy, it's compartmentalized so that if they do get it open the toy isn't wrecked. It's four layers-two of those layers are luggage materials and every layer has four rows of stitching. It's washable (uh, that says you may have it long enough for it to get dirty!!:D) and floats so it can be used in water.

Mikey's had it for 24 hours now-and no damage!!

Meet Polly the pig-possibly Mikey's match!

Tuffy Pet Toy - Tough Dog Toy, Durable, Dog Toy, Indestructible Dog Toy, Soft Squeaky Dog Toy, Combat Tough, Tuffies,Mighty, Silly Squeakers

I will keep you guys posted on how well she does-but from the feel of her-I think we may have her for quite some time!!!:D

·
Registered
12,135 Posts
We have similar toys, just not an animal shaped one lol. They are slowly working the stitching on the black parts that you see...but its lasted a whole month so far!!!!

·
Registered
22,635 Posts
wow, i've bought similar toys for clover...it literally take him just seconds to rip them up. i just tried one of those fire hose toys (we like to play fetch in the lake) after playing fetch just one time in the house, he's torn up a corner of it so now we only get to use it when we go swimming. anyway, i'll look for this one too! it would be awesome to have a toy like that, that he can play with more than once!

Dog | Forum | Rocks!

·
Registered
12,135 Posts
wow, i've bought similar toys for clover...it literally take him just seconds to rip them up. i just tried one of those fire hose toys (we like to play fetch in the lake) after playing fetch just one time in the house, he's torn up a corner of it so now we only get to use it when we go swimming. anyway, i'll look for this one too! it would be awesome to have a toy like that, that he can play with more than once!
Thats what we have!!!!! But ours does not have the loop on the top..that would be torn off immediately LOL The black ends are slowly being chewed but the stuffing and squeaker inside are still INSIDE! everything else is destroyed asap! lol

·
Registered
34 Posts
I have a 9 month old lab mix...we gave her a toy like that pig one..but its not the pig..its a circle toy.. http://www.vipproducts.com/retail/images/MEGA_ring_chain_tuf.jpg

i think its made by the same material as the pig.. anyway...my dog was playing with it..then a few mins later she put hole in it and took out the stuffing. So my mom is going to write to the company and see if they can do something for us. hehe

·
Registered
22,635 Posts
Thats what we have!!!!! But ours does not have the loop on the top..that would be torn off immediately LOL The black ends are slowly being chewed but the stuffing and squeaker inside are still INSIDE! everything else is destroyed asap! lol
if i hadn't taken it away from clover, he'd have shredded it. we played fetch in the house and i stopped for just a sec and he sat down to chew, maybe 30 secs or so and he chewed a hole to the stuffing. sheesh does he have turbo jaws! anyway, i took it away cuz i bought it to play fetch in the lake...still looking for something strong for in the house!

Dog | Forum | Rocks!

·
Registered
12,135 Posts
:confused:That is odd! Peyton is destroyer of EVERYTHING. He destroys socks, other tough toys, any toy!, blankets, etc etc. He nurses on them then shreds the heck out of them haha Ours has withstood his jaws:confused:

·
Registered
12,135 Posts
oh nvm on the squeaker part...it doesn't work anymore...so they are able to puncture it and rough up the edges but have not gotten inside of it...cross your fingers the destroyer just grabbed it!

·
Registered
22,635 Posts
:confused:That is odd! Peyton is destroyer of EVERYTHING. He destroys socks, other tough toys, any toy!, blankets, etc etc. He nurses on them then shreds the heck out of them haha Ours has withstood his jaws:confused:
clover just goes straight in for the shred. i've watched him do it, he is systamatic about it, starts at one corner and if he doesn't get anywhere, moves around the edge until he breaks through. he'll give a test chomp with his front teeth then really grind into it with his back ones. he does this with tennis balls (when they are in the house, so now all tennis balls have to stay in the backyard) he picks at them with his front teeth, then peels them then chomps the rubber.
oh nvm on the squeaker part...it doesn't work anymore...so they are able to puncture it and rough up the edges but have not gotten inside of it...cross your fingers the destroyer just grabbed it!
i didn't even know mine squeaked! i'll have to check it out!

Dog | Forum | Rocks!

·
Registered
15 Posts
if i hadn't taken it away from clover, he'd have shredded it. we played fetch in the house and i stopped for just a sec and he sat down to chew, maybe 30 secs or so and he chewed a hole to the stuffing. sheesh does he have turbo jaws! anyway, i took it away cuz i bought it to play fetch in the lake...still looking for something strong for in the house!
:) I bought one for my dog for Chrismas last year except it didn't have the loop. She literally destroyed it in five minutes before I even had a chance to throw it for her to fetch! She has jaws of steel and as soon as she gews them on a toy, she destroys it. :eyeroll:

·
Registered
2,111 Posts
I will keep you guys posted on how well she does-but from the feel of her-I think we may have her for quite some time!!!:D
Yes definitely keep us posted. If you think it is going to last let me know. Kimber is a chewer and I can't find anything that will last.

·
Registered
7,579 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Oh yes-we still have it. He got a leg off it, but true to what it said, all the stuffing did not come out and it's still going strong :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts