Dog Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Stella tends to chew up any blankets or beds we get her and leave out/leave in her crate. I had gotten her a beautiful plush Martha Stuart bed (worth $70!) that she loved and even had a command word for getting onto it. But after a while she chewed a big hole in. It's still downstairs in a bag but I think if I took it out it would just turn into a "snow day".

However whenever she gets the chance to find it she squishes herself into Tyrion's little soft bed. I would like to get her a bed of some sort but I don't want to waste my money on something that'll just be torn up.

I've seen the "Chewsie" bed and I thought that might be good. Does anyone know of any other "tough" material beds that are difficult to chew up? Or opinions on the Chewsie?

·
Premium Member
4,599 Posts
I'm a big fan of Kong products. My guys have a Kong mat and they're not big chewers, but it holds up really well to them running on it, digging their claws in etc.

·
Registered
500 Posts
Yup...West Paw beds are the best I have found. I have both the Bumper Beds and the Heyday Beds and they are solid. Not the cheapest but well worth the money. Exterior is more like a heavy canvas rather than a stretchy material like on most beds, but they are still soft.

Washable outter skins and you can get replacement parts for any one of the components rather than having to huck the whole bed should something need replacing.

Usually can get them on Amazon if you local store does not have them. Have not seem them at the big box pet stores.

https://www.westpawdesign.com/dogs/dog-beds-mats/pillow-dog-beds

·
Registered
2,207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks to both. @Shandula I've seen the Kong beds and felt them and I really think she'd rip through them easily.
@Pax Those West Paw beds look good but I need to see if I can afford any anytime soon! I'll definitely research it. Thanks

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
I'm searching for a new bed too, although Tessa doesn't "chew" on her beds - she's allergic to the current one we have, stupid Costco/Kirkland puts cedar wood chips in theirs and she's allergic to cedar :(.

Why do large dog beds need to be so expensive?

·
Registered
2,934 Posts
I just bought a new bed from Marshalls. It was only $25 and probably isn't the most durable (though not terribly flimsy) so I'll see how it holds up. Chisum's never had a real bed before - he mainly sleeps on couches and beds - but I wanted something for the exercise room he stays in while we are gone during the day. Guess I will just have to wait and see if he chews it. :)

Some of those beds look so nice though. I love shopping for doggy stuff!

·
Registered
911 Posts
How about a crib mattress. I got one for Freyja, it was around $60 but that is at least how much a large bed would cost anyway.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.