Dog Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any recommendations for a toothbrush? She has a small mouth, wondering what is best to get her used to having her teeth brushed.

·
Registered
2,375 Posts
Have done best for Samantha with a baby toothbrush(Dora the Explorer series) for 2 years or younger. Works far better than any I have found at pet stores.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Have done best for Samantha with a baby toothbrush(Dora the Explorer series) for 2 years or younger. Works far better than any I have found at pet stores.
Oh, good to know. I ended purchasing some dental oral care wipes by Nylabone at Benson's today and some puppy teething treats by N-Bone which she loves! Do you use a certain tooth paste?

·
Registered
2,375 Posts
Oh, good to know. I ended purchasing some dental oral care wipes by Nylabone at Benson's today and some puppy teething treats by N-Bone which she loves! Do you use a certain tooth paste?
I use CET when I can get it, as it has enzymes in it that fight plaque. Look online for canine toothpaste that contains anti-plaque enzymes. We had her teeth cleaned when she was 3 years, it was so hard on her, I resolved to do whatever I could, to not have to have her go through that again. She is now seven, our Vet says her teeth are fine, and need no intervention. They look clean and white, her breath is good, so I know that daily effort pays off.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts