Dog Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do you prefer dental sticks over toothpaste or vice versa? What do you think is the most effective to remove dog breath? :)

·
Registered
107 Posts
Seaweed products and Raw Marrow Bones for my dogs....10+ yrs using Plaqueoff (seaweed) and none have ever needed a dental. I put a capful or organic apple cider vinegar in their drinking water daily, which freshens their breath, and creates a more acidic environment in their stomach that helps stop some UTIs.
I have no affiliation with them or anyone else..happily retired.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Enzymic toothpaste and a toothbrush daily. I also feed bones periodically for chewing, but prevention of tartar buildup is the way to go for me. Oral care is very important to me for my dogs since they are small breed and prone to dental issues, so I get them used to brushing teeth at a young age. I use the poultry flavored doggy toothpaste and all my dogs seemed to love it.

I would feed reg bones, but not the dental sticks since most of them include ingredients I don't want for my pups.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Seaweed products and Raw Marrow Bones for my dogs....10+ yrs using Plaqueoff (seaweed) and none have ever needed a dental. I put a capful or organic apple cider vinegar in their drinking water daily, which freshens their breath, and creates a more acidic environment in their stomach that helps stop some UTIs.
I have no affiliation with them or anyone else..happily retired.
Such helpful tips!! And all readily available here! For apple cider, what is the ratio?

Thank youuuu!

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Enzymic toothpaste and a toothbrush daily. I also feed bones periodically for chewing, but prevention of tartar buildup is the way to go for me. Oral care is very important to me for my dogs since they are small breed and prone to dental issues, so I get them used to brushing teeth at a young age. I use the poultry flavored doggy toothpaste and all my dogs seemed to love it.

I would feed reg bones, but not the dental sticks since most of them include ingredients I don't want for my pups.
Thank you!! My doggo uses beef flavor but it's always a struggle to brush her teeth.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Thank you!! My doggo uses beef flavor but it's always a struggle to brush her teeth.
At this point my pup more bites on it lol, but I wiggle it against his teeth and get him used to me lifting his lips and getting in there haha! He sees me brush my own teeth and then we brush his 😄 I keep his toothbrush and toothpaste in the bathroom with mine lol!

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
At this point my pup more bites on it lol, but I wiggle it against his teeth and get him used to me lifting his lips and getting in there haha! He sees me brush my own teeth and then we brush his 😄 I keep his toothbrush and toothpaste in the bathroom with mine lol!
Awww!! I gotta do this too! Haha!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts