Dog Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Took Savage to the vet yesterday and it turns out that my baby boy has 2 parasites, Coccidiosis and Giardiasis. His vet called for a dewormer called ponazurial 15% with 2 doses for the Coccidisis. And for the Giardiasis she prescribed Vetraseb and panacur Granules. The Vetraseb he's suppose to have a bath 2 a week and the granules for 5 days. He has gained exactly 10 pounds since she had seen him at 6 weeks and about 7 lbs since his last weight in at the breeders which I'm thinking was 9 weeks.

The vet also said to clorox everything I can that he touches and to wash his bedding and what ever else I could and a treatment of lime in the yard. Does anyone else have any suggestions so I can try and make sure we can bet my baby boy better?

Thanks.

PS. Guess I should say he's 12 weeks as of 3/15/17

·
Super Moderator
4,614 Posts
Oh that sucks. My BC brought home Giardia when she was a puppy and infected my other dog too.

The other thing my vet recommended was to wipe their butt after every defecation, since if they lick themselves, they'll just keep re-infecting themselves. I also used a diluted bleach solution and sprayed the yard anywhere they defecated.

Hopefully your boy feels better soon - give him lots of snuggles!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts