Dog Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The obvious gut answer here is YES! I am planning to rehome this adorable little girl if I can't find her owners, though at this point I think she was probably just dumped. :( Anyeay, she looks to be about 16 weeks from her teeth. I was thinking about getting the 16wk puppy booster from TSC, but on the off chance that she's already had them would that be dangerous? Is it best to wait? The only info I seem to be able to find is helpful only for puppies whose vaccine schedules you already know or anti-vaxxer blogs. Anyone else have experience with this?

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Absolutely get vaccinated. There are possible concerns with over vaccinating, but the possibility of contracting a disease if not vaccinated is greater. Talk to the vet about how many sets of shots are necessary at the puppy's age.
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
5,929 Posts
The obvious gut answer here is YES! I am planning to rehome this adorable little girl if I can't find her owners, though at this point I think she was probably just dumped. :( Anyeay, she looks to be about 16 weeks from her teeth. I was thinking about getting the 16wk puppy booster from TSC, but on the off chance that she's already had them would that be dangerous? Is it best to wait? The only info I seem to be able to find is helpful only for puppies whose vaccine schedules you already know or anti-vaxxer blogs. Anyone else have experience with this?
You could do a titer instead. Over vaccinating is dangerous.
Dr. Jean Dodds' Pet Health Resource Blog | Avoid unnecessary vaccines with titer tests (Part...

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I will be passing this info on to the friend who just took her home. :3 we're still looking for the owners, but if they aren't found then she'll at least already be settled and safe. She finally started to come out of her she'll last night and today and roam around so yay! Best case scenario. ^_^

·
Registered
662 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My heart is breaking...my friend called me in a panic this morning that Millie went from happy and adjusting well to not eating, throwing up and diarrhea most of the night and she just didn't know what to do. Her dad was able to take her to the vet this morning but it's pretty likely that she has parvo. This is why we vaccinate in the first place! Poor, poor baby... :,(

·
Registered
4,437 Posts
So sorry to hear the pup is so sick. Fingers crossed it's not parvo. Yes, so right about why vaccines are important.

·
Super Moderator
10,820 Posts
I'm so sorry! Hopefully it's not parvo or if it is that Millie will make a full recovery.

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Oh no, so sorry to hear that she is sick :( Parvo is going around in the shelter my rescue works with, unfortunately. It is no fun at all. I hope that's not what it is, or that she can make it through this if it is...

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
So the vet says that it is parvo, but fortunately said she still looks pretty good. They sent Millie home with meds and instructions and is pretty confident that she will make it. Fingers crossed!!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts