Dog Forum banner

41 - 49 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
Oh wow,, there was a big yellow thing in the sky this morning and if memory serves me right its called the sun! Amazing how a walk can change when theres a bit of sun instead of icy rain or howling wind..
The birds were singing and the cows where creeping about behind the tree line (yes cows can be stealthy when they want to be.) We even let the boys get their paws wet on the beach, it was lovely and Id have stayed for longer but OH's knee is terrible at the moment so after an hour we had to go home.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Jasper and a friend's two dogs spotted a fox this morning and gave chase, on the boundary between the trailway and the golf course. Jasper wasn't able to get through the wire fence, though my friend's two dogs did, one of hers ending up on the quiet road below. I was able to get J back on lead fairly soon, though he's picked up a few scratches, as did one of my friend's dogs - I shall investigate fully later but there's no puddles of blood ?

I think the fox was off to the side of the path as we went our separate ways and I walked on home as J was very alert, but he was very good - he didn't have any tantrums because his fun had been thwarted. Once we were back into the built-up area, he insisted on having a little lie-down on the grass verge and we'd still be there now if he didn't know what 'Do you need bribery?' means? The rest of the walk home was rather slow.

I've recently found a pedometer app on my phone. This morning's walk was 8562 steps in total.

·
Registered
264 Posts
8000+ is really good.. I had one of those apps on my phone but the signal where we walk keeps dropping off and it freezes, so I gave up on it...

·
Registered
199 Posts
8000+ is really good.. I had one of those apps on my phone but the signal where we walk keeps dropping off and it freezes, so I gave up on it...
This one doesn't rely on GPS - I think it's purely based on a motion detector in the phone rather than needing my location.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Got a call from a family friend who was very upset after she had introduced her dog to her new partners dog and they started to fight. They met for the first time yesterday and got in multiple fights and they were too scared to put them together again. She asked for help so now I have these cuties here, trying to sort this out. Had a great walk, both dogs were calm and relaxed!
24B16160-4724-46FC-A29E-3C7CB6A9C6BA.jpeg
747CC65F-0BC2-490E-BD50-E2D3698FA165.jpeg
BA2A151B-F7C5-4CEA-9F4B-AA2918EB4D97.jpeg

·
Registered
264 Posts
This is George proving hes a little ray of sunshine... and Murphy whos a bit of a cynic!

All this advice to walk at off peak times is a bit daft really , if everyone follows that advice the off peak will become the new rush hour.. This morning there were new faces and new dogs about whereas normally we see no one.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Todays walk is in line with the new regulations. We have set the alarm clock that little bit earlier just to make sure we avoid people and its worth it.. The light was just right and George stood perfectly still when he spotted a hare.. Good boy

I do worry a little about Murphy though.. We have only just managed to convince him that not everyone he meets is an axe murderer and now we are busy avoiding people like the plague (literally) he might think he was right in the first place!

41 - 49 of 49 Posts