Dog Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Super Moderator
647 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought it might be nice to post some information and possibly photos of our walks - maybe not every day but it's a fun way of sharing our experiences - and showing off our dogs of course!

Today we met a friend and walked with her in the forest.

20200131_134800.jpg

·
Registered
264 Posts
Unfortunately I don’t have any dogs at the moment, since my two foster dogs left in December. But I have a looot of pictures from our walks. Would it be alright to jump in and share some of those? They aren’t day-fresh but might be fun to share them anyhow. Or does that ruin the purpose of this thread?

·
Super Moderator
647 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I don't mind - it's a light hearted thread and it would be lovely to see your pictures :)

·
Registered
199 Posts
Today we walked at Pamphill, one of the most quintessential unspoilt Dorset villages there is. I had intended to get some picturesque photos of thatched cottages, but all I got was this one of an incoming Jasper in a sunken lane.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Okay so I’m just going to begin with a random day ?
I had two fosterdogs but unfortunately I rarely walked them together since they both had problem with dog meetings. Not only that it’s hard to train two dogs who have different issues when it comes to dog meetings, but together they weighed about 250 lbs, so I wouldn’t have a chance if they decided to pull toward another dog. Just wanted to clarify why I didn’t walk them together.

On this day I trained som passivity training with Bella. She had a problem with being overly social and got extremely excited when she saw humans and dogs (but mostly dogs). She did really good but it was too much when a bike came running by with a dog, so then she broke her ”stay” and got very excited instead.
9080444E-6601-45FA-83B0-8C408B2CC4E5.jpeg

Then we just went on a walk in the forest?
4D654717-2B3A-402F-83A8-DE1D7C98CEDC.jpeg
And with Bruno, the other dog, I just went on a regular walk in the forest. But on this day even the sun was out for a couple of minutes, a rare thing?
019A99DD-3A98-451F-9293-F0F2A349110F.jpeg

·
Registered
199 Posts
It was so muddy on the heath this afternoon I thought we'd come home with trench foot! We still love it there, whatever the weather. With the possible exception of freezing winds when you're up at the high point...

·
Super Moderator
10,774 Posts
This is from a few months ago. Zody and I decided to explore the stream that runs near my apartment and see just where it comes from. The stream is in a wooded lot and we sometimes go hiking back there. Please don't tell him that toy dog's aren't supposed to go hiking :p Second and third pictures are from the same area but a few years ago

Attachments

·
Registered
255 Posts
Yep common as mud here but rare in the rest of the world most people think they are collie or springer mixes.. great dogs but mad as hatters love digging and swimming...

1 - 20 of 49 Posts