Dog Forum banner
21 - 24 of 24 Posts

Registered
They are beautiful dogs. I have only encountered one who was in a training class with my dog and me years ago. Let's say obedience was not his thing. You might want to consider a Suluki too. They are beautiful dogs also. Here is a comparison of the tow breeds. The Suluki is a little easier to train and not as aloof as the Borzoi. Compare Borzoi vs Saluki | Difference Between Borzoi and Saluki (dogspot.in)
"Let's say obedience was not his thing. " 馃ぃ

Registered
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
They are beautiful dogs. I have only encountered one who was in a training class with my dog and me years ago. Let's say obedience was not his thing. You might want to consider a Suluki too. They are beautiful dogs also. Here is a comparison of the two breeds. The Suluki is a little easier to train and not as aloof as the Borzoi. Compare Borzoi vs Saluki | Difference Between Borzoi and Saluki (dogspot.in)
Bahaha, sounds about right, I looked into Salukis as well but I dont lean towards them as much as Zois, I do like a challenge and I dont necessarily mind an aloof dog, but only time and research will tell if they're right for me lol

Registered
I might have skimmed it, but have you looked into the borzoi breed club? They usually have the general, but even better, a good breeder off the directory will be happy to talk about the actuality of living with the breed. An even better/more passionate breeder may even, well, not quite mentor you, but something like that. Especially if you explain the sports you're looking at getting into.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
I might have skimmed it, but have you looked into the borzoi breed club? They usually have the general, but even better, a good breeder off the directory will be happy to talk about the actuality of living with the breed. An even better/more passionate breeder may even, well, not quite mentor you, but something like that. Especially if you explain the sports you're looking at getting into.
I've looked at their site but not into anything like that, that's a wonderful idea! thankyou!

21 - 24 of 24 Posts