Dog Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We brought home a Shiba Inu puppy a week ago, who is now 13 weeks. We took her to the vet yesterday and they said she looks fantastic and healthy. She’s had loose stool, sometimes diarrhea-like since she came home, which they said is normal with diet/home change but it should firm up within the next few weeks. I noticed in the last few bowel movements, there are teeny tiny white specks. They aren’t moving. I called the vet and they said it could be pollen, change of diet or parasites. I can’t get testing done until Monday, but since we are first time puppy owners I’m a bit worried. Does anyone mind looking at the attached poop picture and let me know if this is an obvious issue and what we can do in the meantime? She’s in the eating everything phase, which we are on top of, but you can see she’s eaten a few leaves and other outdoor things in nature. Thanks in advance!

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
2,505 Posts
My knowledge of parasites is pretty poor but diarrhoea is really common in new pups just from the stress of the move.

What are you feeding, can you post a photo of the ingredient list?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My knowledge of parasites is pretty poor but diarrhoea is really common in new pups just from the stress of the move.

What are you feeding, can you post a photo of the ingredient list?
We are using Purina ProPlan for puppies, per the recommendation of the breeder and vet. I’m less concerned about the diarrhea, and a bit more concerned about the tiny white specs. Thanks!!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts