Dog Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My family has owned Asha for just over 2 years now and she has never been left on her own, but next week my mum goes into hospital and as far as I can tell I'll be working all week.

My family's dog before Asha had separation anxiety, like if my mum went out Pancho would not leave my side and follow me around until she returned, where as Asha is more independent and doesn't need to be with me 100% of the time.

Asha will have to be left for at least 6 hours. She'll be left loose in the house with our 3 cats, and she will have no access to outside. I've gotten her a couple of new toys that she will be given on the days she's left alone and some Kangaroo ribs as a chew. But does anyone have any more suggestions what I can do for her so she's comfortable.

·
Registered
131 Posts
I suggest leaving some old clothe or materials that has your or your mother's smell which you no longer need so they can at least smell something within their comfort zone.

I'm not sure about your breed and the amount of exercise they need. I own a kelpie and he is suppose to be an energetic working breed. Perhaps you can consider giving the dog some good physical and mental stimulation before you leave everyday. For example, 45min walk, 10 - 15min free running (fetch) and then 30 min training plus food puzzles?

Good luck!
Posted via Mobile Device

1 - 4 of 4 Posts