Dog Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. Any idea what this could be? 7 year old Cavalier 4 months ago we noticed this tiny bump right before nose starts. Hasnt grown or diminished much it seems. Vet said possible histocytoma or mast cell tumor but truly doesnt know. View attachment 247941 Recommended 6 to 8 week wait then removal to determine. Thought I'd check in w you all to see if anyone experienced this or safe, holistic way to try shrink in meantime as truly worried about cost of surgery since anesthesia involved etc. Thanks so much. View attachment 247941

·
Super Moderator
2,490 Posts
If it is a mast cell tumour, it does need to be removed regardless of cost. If that is the case, think about having teeth scaled and nails clipped etc while your dog is already under GA.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes correct vet said exact same thing.if doesnt change in 6 weeks and I do nothing and ignore it cld/wld spread if Mast cell. I'm just looking to see if anyone dog had similar looking bump.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
:((( awe sorry to hear that. Did all go ok after removal as far as long term survival after, outlook, etc. Was it terribly expensive? Vet told me she wld need to remove not just bump but pretty good circular perimeter cut out then suture back together. Poor thing right on snout=tender area. Sorry to hear it was MCT.

·
Super Moderator
2,490 Posts
It was about 2½ years ago and my dog seems to have made a full recovery with no further instances of lumps.

Cost - I honestly can't remember, our pet insurance paid it. But as Ian in the UK it might be different anyway.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Wooohoooo for pet insurance( we dont have). So so so happy to hear good outcome for your pooch. Great news

1 - 8 of 8 Posts