Dog Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
900 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can't believe it's been 5 years since Timber has been in my life. I love this dog so much, he's an amazing companion. I couldn't ask for a better dog than my boy Timber.

The funny thing with Timber is that I knew I was going to keep him even before I met him or even saw a picture of him for that matter. I will never forget the day when I was sitting in a Costco parking lot speaking on the phone with my best friend about how some a$$ threw him out of a moving car and tossed him onto the street. My friend noticed him pacing back and forth on her street and was pissed how people let their dogs roam. She lives rural and cars speed like crazy and there is a lot of wildlife (bears, wolves, etc) that gorge themselves this time of the year before the winter. She was concerned he'd get killed by a car or eaten by wildlife so she coaxed him to her and to her surprise, he was only a puppy (guessed approx. 4 months old). She went to the neighbours asking of he was their dog when they said they saw someone throw him out of the car earlier that day. She was able to lure him onto her porch and called me asking for me to foster. As she was describing his story and how he was, I knew instantly he was going to be mine.

Timber has gotten his GCN certification, is in the process of becoming a registered therapy dog for St. John Ambulance, in the process of becoming a therapy dog for persons with brain injuries, is a blood donor, and has welcomed over 35 foster dogs into his home. How could someone have thrown such a great dog with such great potential away? One person's garbage is another person's treasure.

This was the day Timber was found:
[/URL][/IMG]
[/URL][/IMG]
[/URL][/IMG]
[/URL][/IMG]

Timber now:

·
Registered
9,599 Posts
Congrats on finding this beautiful boy.

Whom ever tossed him, their loss, your and Timbers win..

Have many more years together.

·
Registered
1,829 Posts
Love the photos! Congrats on year 5 : ) I hope you have many many many more years together.

Stormy

Reactions: timber
1 - 3 of 3 Posts